Full List of Current Gaming Addiction Resources
Signs of a Video Game Addiction:
- Playing more than 40 hours of games per week
- Having problems in school, work, or relationships connect with play video games
- Most of your answers fall in the RED and PURPLE categories on our surveys
Want to contribute or read a good gaming addiction story?
More helpful gaming addiction sites:
- Zur Institute: Incredible wealth of information on many different topics and continuing education for therapists.
- Online Gamers Anonymous: Modeled upon the Alcoholics Anonymous model and includes forums, chat room, and meetings.
- Wikipedia on Video Gaming Addiction: Solid encyclopedic resource for understanding gaming addiction.
- World of Warcraft Addiction Detox: Thousands of World of Warcraft addiction stories.
- Net Addiction: General Internet/Technology addiction website.
Self Help and Online Community:
Local Gaming Addiction Treatment:
- We strongly discourage spending $1000 or more to get professional treatment for gaming addiction.
- However, we do have local treatment center information available on our website if you are certain that's what you need.
- Most charge $200+ just for an evaluation and sessions often cost $150+ per hour.
- The majority of addictions are cured outside of treatment without help
Video Games Addiction Story: Conquering a Gaming Addiction Part 1
Keys to Overcoming Gaming Addiction:
- Understand: What gaming is, what gaming addiction is, and what role it plays in a gamer’s life. If you are having problems but cannot understand why, the logical step is discuss the situation with other people.
- Solve: Problems that are created by excessive gaming. Our videos and support team can help highlight solutions that have worked for others to live a healthier and happier life.
- Act: Out the solution and live a healthier life free of gaming addiction. In the end, it is up to you to help yourself and make the most out of your life.
Latest Achievements for our Gaming Addiction Network this year:
- Cited in ThePostGame.com, the Orlando Sentinel, and The Ultimate Gamer for our statistics on number of addicted US gamers. (06/11/2012)
- Seventh story about gaming addiction submitted! We greatly appreciate your stories and hope you have one to contribute! (06/10/2012)
- Revised the gaming addiction treatment page. What do you think? (6/08/2012)
- Big updates for the website are underway! We will be adding a premium playlist, making new videos, and making a new header. (6/07/2012)
- Reached the first page of search results for gaming addiction! Thank you for helping by sharing us with your friends! (6/06/2012)
- Remade the store to streamline the purchase process and reduce excess text. What do you think? (4/16/2012)
- After much hard work over the last five months, we are on the FIRST page of google gaming addiction search results! Thank you so much to everyone that has linked us in their blog and told their friends about our website! (3/30/2012)